Decorating in cabin decor can be fun, with the great selection of colors, fabrics, and cabin decor ideas within this style. However, you may have a small room or rooms to decorate, and are feeling constrained, concerned that you don't have enough room to decorate the way you want to, or afraid that anything you add will only make the room seem smaller. Space is a big issue when dealing with cabin decor. Cabins by nature are made to give the appearance of space, in communion with the great outdoors cabin-lovers are so fond of. However, a space problem can be dealt with by using some of the following cabin decor ideas for small spaces.
- If the room has a window, what are you doing with it? Windows bring in light which instantly enlarges any room. They also draw your eyes to the outside view, making you feel as if the outdoors is actually part of the room you are in. Accentuate this by leaving it bare if possible, or using shades or curtains that are neutral and blend in with the surrounding wall. Don't block out the light with heavy drapes, no matter how well they fit in with the rest of your decor.
- Use mirrors to create the illusion of more space, while playing up any light that enters the room. Even if your room isn't big, you can make people think it's bigger. Finding one in a rustic theme isn't difficult at sites that specialize in cabin decor.
- Choose your colors carefully. Don't pick colors that are too dark, a common pitfall as many cabin decor items are in dark earth tones of brown, green and blue. Light colors will visually "open up' any room.
- Choose cabin decor ideas that are not too overwhelming to your small room. Fewer, larger items are generally recommended for cabin decorating, but when you are decorating a small space, keep the decor a little smaller.
- Check out sites that will help you solve your spacing problems with creative and effective ideas. You will go away seeing your small room in a whole new light of possibilities.
More from: Cabin décor cabin décor for home Cabin décor for your home cabin décor ideas cabin décor tips